image
check out the emotional quiz. :)
Tuesday, 29 May 2007, 8:00:00 pm
I want to say that I WANNA go watch Play! A video game symphony.... ARGH. the tickets are all sold out...sighs...sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad.. :'(


(unless a miracle happens lah which i dun think it's possible...)





got alot of assignmts to do..very tiredddd..



(hehehehehe i look weird.=\)
celebrated Gina's birthday todayyy..haha we ate cupcakes instead of the normal creamy cakes.. then im so suay dropped my share....AHHH..budden i still ate it.. :X hope i dun laosai lahh..but the cupcake was nice. :) and we made a card(with an image supposed to be her but doesn't look like her cos it was TOO prefect lol) and gave her a pair of earrings..lol hope she likes it. ._. cos i gotta wake up sooooo early just to be at sch (but to help give ideas only... :P)


I wanna post this too: :D


The following information is relevant to the topic of emotional contagion.

-Emotional contagion happens quickly; you can almost instantly catch someone else’s mood.
-You are especially likely to catch the moods of the people who are closest to you; for example, spouses, parents, children and close friends.
-A recent study found that depression was highly contagious among college roommates.
-People who are considered extroverts and who are more emotional expressive tend to transmit their feelings more powerfully.
-Introverts and highly sensitive individuals tend to be more susceptible to the moods of others.
-Women may be inclined to catch someone else’s mood because they are better able to read other people’s emotional states and body language.

So emotional control is not only a matter of managing your own emotions, but also dealing with other people’s contagious moods. Now, of course, if you find yourself being swept up in someone’s excitement and euphoria, by all means allow yourself to catch that infectious mood. Negative emotions, however, are a different matter. And you can learn how to inoculate yourself from other people’s negativity while keeping yourself open to catching their positive moods.

Here are some steps for protecting yourself from the negative emotions of others:
-Begin paying attention to how you feel around different people. Do you feel sad around some people and happy around others?
-Become aware of and label your emotional responses. For example, "I felt elated while having dinner with my wife." Or, "I feel sad and pessimistic whenever I’m around my landlord."
-Examine your emotional responses. Ask yourself whether the feeling is your own or did you catch it from someone else. By observing how you feel before and after interacting with various people, you will begin to see how other people’s emotions spread to you.
-Simply recognizing that an emotion actually belongs to (originated with) someone else may be enough to prevent the mood from spreading to you.

Basically, protecting yourself from emotional contagion is a matter of monitoring your own floodgates and not allowing yourself to become contaminated with other people’s negativity.

The Mood Infection Quiz
(To find out how easily someone else’s mood can infect you, take the following quiz designed by Dr. William Doherty at the University of Hawaii. Read each statement and rate yourself as follows: 1. Never; 2. Rarely; 3. Sometimes; 4. Often; or 5. Always."

1. I’m good at sensing other’s moods.
2. If someone I’m talking with cries, my eyes well up too.
3. Spending time with an upbeat friend lifts up my mood.
4. I feel sad when people talk about the death of a loved one.
5. Seeing a mother and child hugging makes me feel tender.
6. I’m irritated around angry people.
7. When someone smiles warmly at me, I smile back and feel happy.
8. I get uptight when I’m around people who are stressed out.
9. I notice how people say things in addition to what they say.
10. If I overhear a quarrel, my body is likely to tense up.
11. When someone I love touches me, my body tingles with excitement.
12. When someone paces, it makes me nervous.

To find your Mood Infection Index, add up your answers to the quiz:
-If you scored 12-27: You have mood immunity. Maybe you are in touch with your own moods, but you can only guess what other people are feeling.
-28-41: You’ve achieved emotional equilibrium. You’re able to understand and experience other people’s feelings without becoming overwhelmed by them. If you try, you can pick and choose your susceptibility — letting yourself absorb their joy, for example, while shielding yourself from their fear, anger or sadness.
-42-60: You’re on an emotional roller coaster. Because you’re easily swept away by the joys and sorrows of other people, you be in may need of emotional rescue yourself."

[This section was based on material from an article in the May 5, 1996 edition of the Arizona Republic.]

I got a score of 52. Hahas so u know which category i'm in lah. :)
._.