prayer.
Saturday, 22 November 2008, 10:03:00 pm
If only you know how I feel.
Bleah.
Arghhh.
"Father, I pray that You would search my heart and remove any prideful desires to impress people rather than to reach them. I don't want to make my reputation with Christians more important than my purpose in You. Help me, Lord, to be motivated out of sincere love and care for people. I don't want to witness in order to show people that I'm a good Christian or to make myself feel as if I've fulfilled some religious duty. I need Your pure love to move me beyond this kind of selfish thinking.Please show me simply how to care for people and be a servant to everyone. Remind me where I come from and keep me humble and close to You. God, I recognize that I wouldn't be where I am without Your incredible gift of grace. Create in me a clean heart and give me a contrite spirit. Help me to show the same love for people that You show to me."- from book "Soul Seekers" by Judah SmithLabels: random, thoughts