old film camera dissection
Thursday, 16 April 2009, 7:58:00 pm
I just dug up an old film camera from my own house,
okay it was actually not that old,
and decided that I wanna use it again.
For fun lah of course.

I can't seem to google this model out for some research and info about this cam.
Perhaps it was rather useless to market it anyway lol.
okay so when I wanted to use it,
I realised there were used batteries inside and it leaked blue fluid out.
sian cos I think it sort of damaged the wires inside.
so I had to unscrew the cam and clean it.


This is how it looks like inside.
I managed to clean most of the blue semi-liquid off,
but another problem was that..
In the midst of cleaning I broke the connector that linked the batteries and the wires together.

The broken connector is the one on the black patch.
I decided to use staples to replace the broken connector,
since it can also be a conductor of electricity.
so the row of staples on the green patch is what I'm gonna use.

yeah this is the end product.
The thing is,
it solved the problem,
but there was another problem.
Apparently the sensors died.
so the cam mechanism became rather crazy.
And,
there was a little spring in it that I somehow lost it.
Once was when I dropped it without knowing till my legs felt it on the floor,
twice was when I was placing it back and it sprung away.
So after the second time I could not find it already.
sad.
(post-note: I found the spring! XD)
After all,
this camera could not be used anymore.
Gahh.
I even went to buy film to put in and take pictures with it.
now the film's useless.
:/
I so want to buy an SLR!
:'(
hard to afford one when you can't even manage to save a dollar every week.
siann.
:|
okay that's the end of my camera dissecting experience.
My dad uses Nikon SLR cameras at his workplace.
envy.Labels: daily