baking day!
Tuesday, 20 October 2009, 11:18:00 pm
Had a sudden sugar rush to bake last Saturday.
Good thing that day happened to be a no work day and public holiday!
And praise the Lord my aunt sponsored me to buy most of the ingredients,
and so I made walnut scones and double chocolate chip cookies.
:)
Pics!

heart-shaped scone dough ready to go into the oven.

and in the oven cooking.

and baked scones! :D
My first attempt to bake scones hehe.
The first batch of scones the color looked rather dull as compared to the actual scones sold outside,
and the second batch was burnt at the top,
but all in all it was edible and tasted alright to me.
and my aunt praised me for it!
and said I have the potential to open a cafe selling these when I have the capital.
Felt some sort of satisfaction inside of me.
woohoo! :)
and the chocolate chip cookies..

soft dough splatted on the baking paper..

and baked cookies! ( the beigey things on top are walnuts.)
however I used the pre-mix batter to bake 'em.
Cos I was thinking,
to spend the whole day just baking scones wasn't enough,
so I wanted to bake something else too.
and to cut time short I used pre-mixed batter.
:P
and it tasted really sweet and nice praise the Lord!
the last time my mum bought this oven was for my home economics in secondary school.
and I didn't know why it wouldn't cooperate with me when I was trying to bake some swiss roll thingy for my test.
It turned out uncooked and..needless to say, inedible.
:X
yup.
and I actually brought the oven to my aunt's house with me!
lovely oven, it cooperates with me much better now. :)
my mum loves scones alot, and she's very particular about buying and savoring the right scones from this particular bakery to satisfy her craving. so I wanted to bake some for her.
When I was on the phone with her before I went home, I told her I baked some of her favourite scones and am going to pass to her soon, but all she said was "随便 lor" and I was like wth...okay lor. such a picky eater hmmpf. and when I brought back for her to try it, she said it was quite dry..
Nevermind.
Constructive comments make you wanna improve more.
And I will definitely improve on my skills!
I pray in Jesus' name that I can make whatever kind of delicacies to make people smile when they eat 'em.
Amen! :)
and so my eventless Saturday has turned to a day spent on baking.
It was fun, but it'd be better if there were more people joining in the fun too.
=]
32 more daisies.
X)Labels: dailys, motivation, past