baking through the night.
Thursday, 8 July 2010, 4:12:00 am
I have just seen blogging in another light. Not the usual style of blogging your days like you're updating about your life, but the story of each day that passed through. THE story. It can be narrative with conversations within, or just pure thoughts with depicting the story of just one person: you. Like how you thought you could have taken this turn at the corner road instead of the other; Picked this meal instead and not have this fish bone stuck at your throat; or helped this granny carry her bags up the bus. Interesting.
So what have I done today and why am I still up at this hour?
Right now, I'm still waiting for my hair to dry naturally after my bath.
I've been thinking of baking cupcakes for this week and I finally get to do so today. Okay not really today, but yesterday. Went to Natee's mum's shop and NTUC to get the baking needs. It was kinda time-consuming, considering the fact that I had to take quite time deciding on each and every item I needed to buy so that I'm not buying unnecessary items. Thought I could finally lay my hands on an electric mixer thinking that it would cost less than $30, the actual price was $58. So I didn't get it in the end. It would be good if someone sponsor me with one! :D So all in all I've spent about a 100 bucks just to buy items and ingredients to make cupcakes and egg tarts. Oh, my auntie wants me to make egg tarts too. After getting the ingredients, it was me and my auntie bring my cousie to Kovan for his extra class and I only got home at about 10.30pm. So I started making the cupcakes at 10.45pm.
My dear oven didn't want to cooperate with me, so eventually my cupcakes turned out rather done on the outside but still soft on the inside. And the first two batches of cakes looked rather ugly, the last batch satisfactory. I wonder why. It could either be the oven or the recipe I followed. Anyway, I ended the whole baking at 3am in the morning. :/
on a side note, Germany lost to Spain! D:
yup anyways, later in the morning I will try to make nice frosting to cover out the fugly looks of the cupcakes! Hope I can wake up at 8 to do some deco together with my cousie cos I made a promise with him. :)
And, to making egg tarts after the deco too. Or probably before. I shall see how later. ;)
Small steps closer to fulfilling my dream.
Thank You, Yeshua Hamashiach.
(:
19 days to departure.
Labels: daily, thoughts